Selling online and accepting payments in real-time is now easy for Ugandan businesses, with the release of this Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin for WordPress/WooCommerce powered websites. WordPress is a content management system for building websites and WooCommerce is a popular e-coomerce / shopping software for the WordPress platform. Add this plugin and you’re selling instantly!
The Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin for WooCommerce is a payment integration plugin used to enable instant online payments for goods and services. Mobile money integration plugin was developed in October 2020 by Nextel systems limited, one of Uganda’s advanced providers of Online Payment Solutions.
The Mobile money payment integration plugin, is available on our website https://www.nextelsystems.com/ , can be installed manually or automatically from WordPress plugin directory in any WordPress/WooCommerce powered website.
The seller can instantly collect payment on his/her website securely through the Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin API when installed in your WooCommerce website.
Who’s Involved in the online transaction?
There are three main players involved when it comes to processing payments with the Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin. On one end is you, the business owner. On the other end is your customer. In between is Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin carrying information between the telecoms mobile money networks, the buyer and customer -completing the transaction.
- The seller: To accept online mobile money payments, you need to have an Ecommerce website developed on WordPress with WooCommerce shop, install Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin and then sign a liquidation letter with your details .
- Your customer: For your customer to buy and pay for their order. An order for the product is placed and a notification is sent to his mobile phone for approval of the transaction. He/ She has to then provide their Mobile PIN when the notification pops up.
- The technology: In the middle are two technologies that enable you and your customer to transact.
- The first is a software (Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin) that links your site’s shopping cart to mobile company network.
- The second is the payment processor (or merchant service), which does all the heavy lifting: moving the transaction through the processing network, sending you a billing statement, working with your bank, etc. Often, your merchant bank is also your payment processor, which helps simplify things.
How Payment Transactions Are Processed
- On the Seller’s Website
The Customer browses the seller’s e-commerce website where the Mobile Money Payments® Integration Plugin is already installed & configured, looking for products/services they want, checks prices and chooses by adding products to cart. After shopping the customer proceeds to the check-out page where their personal details are captured and payment method selected, in this case the Mobile Money Payments option is selected. The customer fills the check-out form with their personal details, chooses to pay using Mobile Money, and inputs his/her Mobile Money number where the order amount can be deducted, then presses the Process Order button. The customer should have the phone with the Mobile Money number, in hand when making this payment
- On the Buyer/Customer’s Phone
The website sends a Mobile Money withdrawal request with the order total amount already loaded, to the customer’s phone. It comes as a payment prompt (pop-up message on most Smartphones) for the order amount, on the screen or as an SMS in some cases, depending on the type of phone & speed of connection. The prompt is asking the customer to put in his/her Mobile Money PIN Number to accept the payment to complete. The customer puts in his/her Mobile Money PIN on his/her phone to confirm/accept the purchase. The withdrawal request message will show that Nextel Systems Ltd is requesting the withdrawal.
- On the Seller Website
Once payment is confirmed on phone, the website confirms the order and continues to load the customer account dashboard on the seller’s website. Payment confirmations are sent via SMS and E-mail to both the seller and the customer.
- Order Confirmations & Notification Receipts
The details of the order are sent to the seller, and customer’s contacts and address. Next steps and delivery notifications are sent to buyer until order is received by buyer